MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES & FEES
MATL has a variety of Membership categories:
Family Membership – $40.00 per year (for small families)
Entitles a member to borrow 2 toys & 1 puzzle at a time
Extended Family Membership – $55.00 per year (for larger families)
Entitles a member to borrow up to 4 toys & 2 puzzles at a time
Unfunded Group (e.g. Playgroup, Family Day Care Workers) – $58.00 per year
Entitles a member to borrow up to 6 toys & 2 puzzles at a time
Funded Group e.g. Kindergarten – $80.00 per year
Entitles the member to borrow up to 6 toys & 2 puzzles.
- There is a borrowing Fee of 30 cents per toy or puzzle each time you borrow.
- All fees are payable for 12 months on July 1st of each year; or pro rata from the date of joining. Fees may be paid in advance half yearly e.g. July & January.
- Fees can be paid by cash, cheque or Direct Credit to our Bank Account.
- Fees are non-refundable and not transferable.
- It is compulsory for members to volunteer 2 Saturday mornings per semester to assist in the library – this is called Roster Duty.
All members are required to do a Roster Duty Session once a school term. You can nominate which date suits you or a date will be allocated for you. Duty involves checking returned toys against the inventory list on the toy’s bag / card. It is not difficult and is shared with two other toy library members. Duty is busy but enjoyable and is a great chance for you to see the range of toys that are available. Popular toys are often returned and borrowed out again in the same session.
A Volunteer supports Toy Library members with day-to-day running of Toy Library. They do not regularly borrow toys.
MATL encourages members of the community to develop social networks through becoming involved in Toy Library. A person who wishes to become a Volunteer may not necessarily have children, e.g. he/she may be a tertiary student, or a retired older person.
For more information contact the Secretary via:
Mail: P.O. Box 4221, Keilor Downs 3038